Loaves & Fishes is a REACH Outreach Food ministry that provides meals and other support for neighbors who are homeless or food insecure in Fort Pierce, Florida and the surrounding area.
We serve Sunday brunch beginning at 11:00 AM in the Marina Park across from the Kilmer Branch Library, 101 Melody Ln, Fort Pierce, FL 34950. If it is raining, we will serve under the library overhang. We offer our thanks to the Kilmer Branch Library for allowing us to get out of the weather when need be.
REACH Outreach also sponsors and free commissary for these neighbors to provide clothing, outdoor living essentials and personal hygeine products. This commissary is supported by donations from REACH Community Church and the St Lucie County community.
Please help support our ministry.
- We are an all-volunteer organization. We always need people to prepare the meals and to help serve the meals. Please complete the form below if you would like to volunteer to do either or both of those tasks.
- Like us on Facebook and share our postings. Invite your friends to follow us.
- Donate products thru Amazon Smiles Charitable Lists. These are products that are given directly to the people who come for our meals. The list includes:
- nutritious snacks that are given in a “go bag” along with each hot meal;
- personal hygiene products that are frequently requested by our guests.
- Feed the Frog when you attend Sunday services in person. These donations provide the food and supplies purchased to feed our neighbors who are homeless or indigent.
- Donate clothing thru the Thrift Store. The Thrift Store provides clothing on an as-needed basis to our guests at no charge or significantly reduced prices.
Volunteer with L&F
Loaves&Fishes needs additional volunteers to prepare dishes or serve food for Sunday luncheon. Volunteering doesn’t require a person to participate every week. We are trying to schedule the people needed each week; about 7-8. However, anytime someone wants, feel free to come and see how we work as a team and you may have a better understanding of our mission.
Job of the week: Donor recruitment
We are looking for a few people to visit local businesses to solicit donations. For example, visit the grocery store where you shop to see if they could donate produce for salads on Friday; or your favorite pizza place to see if they would be willing to donate 6 pizzas once a month. Can you help? Complete the form below.
If you would like to cook, we provide the menu and all of the ingredients. Each volunteer selects one or more dishes from the menu to prepare. If you have a special recipe for the dish you have selected, let me know what ingredients you need. I try to get the ingredients that are asked for however, sometimes getting special name brands aren’t always possible since we are working strictly with donations and a very tight budget. I normally distribute the ingredients each Sunday at church for the next week. I can also provide large pans, electric roasting pans, etc. if you need them.
Besides just cooking or serving we encourage any volunteer that has not been assigned a job to sit down at a table with the group that we feed and try to find out a little bit about them, there circumstances and make a mental note if they are in need of any particular things. It will take time for them to trust people, so please be patient and try to form a relationship with them. Some people are there and don’t want to change and some are just down on their luck and really want help to improve their situation.
If you would like to volunteer, even if its once a month or just when we are really in need of volunteers, please fill out the bottom portion of this page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kathy Fox, our volunteer coordinator by completing the form below. Kathy will be in touch with you very soon.